Assembly Elections 2019: The counting of votes will shield space on October 24. (PTI)
Modern Delhi: Vote casting for the assembly polls dangle begun in Maharashtra and Haryana, the place the BJP is calling for a second duration of time in energy and hopes for a truly easy victory. The Congress, but to get better from its rout within the Lok Sabha elections of April-Would perchance also merely, is in shambles in both states – struggling with factionalism, arise by leaders and defections. Its ally in Maharashtra, Sharad Paward’s Nationalist Congress Celebration, is struggling. For Maharashtra’s 288 seats, the celebration is persevering with its alliance with Shiv Sena, despite their rocky relationship over the final five years. Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh are dwelling for mini assembly elections – 15 seats in a single and 11 in numerous are to dangle by-elections. Altogether, by-elections will doubtless be held on 53 seats within the future of 18 states. The counting of votes will shield space on Thursday.
Right here are the halt 10 facts on elections in Maharashtra and Haryana:
- In Maharashtra, the BJP is contesting on 150 seats,the Shiv Sena on 124 seats. The remainder of the 288 seats are for smaller allies. Within the opposition camp, the Congress is contesting 146 seats, the Nationalist Congress Celebration on 117 seats. The Sena-BJP alliance currently care for 217 seats, the Congress and the NCP 56 seats.
- Below the seat sharing settlement between Maharashtra’s ruling alliance, the BJP will get the halt publish and Uddhav Thackeray’s celebration will get the deputy Chief Minister’s publish. The BJP has announced that Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis would proceed to helm the authorities. For his deputy, the Sena’s alternative is vulnerable to be Uddhav Thackeray’s 29-365 days-feeble son Aaditya Thackeray. Thackeray Senior, nonetheless, has performed down the likelihood, announcing a baby-kisser would not get the halt job after taking “the 1st step in politics”.
- Aaditya Thackeray is the first in his family to contest elections within the five many years since his grandfather Bal Thackeray essentially based the Shiv Sena.He is vulnerable to get a walkover in Worli– a Sena stronghold the place the opposition candidate, the NCP’s Sachin Ahir, crossed over just not too long ago.
- In Haryana, the rulingBJP is locked in contest with the Congress and the fledgling JJP(Jannayak Janta Celebration)for the 90 assembly seats. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has dwelling a target of 75 of 90 assembly seats. Final time, the BJP acquired 48 seats, the Congress 17.
- TheDushyant Chautala-led JJP, a breakaway faction of Ajit Singh’s Indian Nationwide Lok Dal, is hoping for an enchancment in its prospects following its unhappy point to within the Lok Sabha elections. The celebration became shaped after a feud within the Chautala clan in December.
- For this round of deliver election, the BJP, rather than specializing in native concerns, has constructed its campaign on national concerns care for the quit to particular location in Jammu and Kashmir and the Nationwide Register of Voters, which the centre needs to shield within the future of the nation.
- The Shiv Sena persevered to shield digs on the BJP within the lunge-as much as the elections, questioning why the BJP had held this sort of high-powered campaign within the deliver if the opposition has no “wrestler” left within the fray. “The ask then arises about the motive late some 10 rallies of Modi, 30 of Amit Shah, and Fadnavis himself maintaining 100 rallies within the future of Maharashtra,” senior Sena chief Sanjay Raut acknowledged.
- The opposition Congress has focussed on native concerns, alongside with jobs and economy. But its campaign became lacklustre in face of the BJP’s high-voltage point to the place senior leaders alongside with High Minister Narendra Modi, celebration chief Amit Shah and Yogi Adityanath addressed a couple of rallies. In Maharashtra, there became no joint campaign of the NCP and Congress.
- Sooner than the election, senior NCP chief and extinct union ministerPraful Patelbecame puzzled by the Enforcement Directorate, which is investigating an alleged property deal between him and Hajra, the wife of Dawood Ibrahim’s aide Iqbal Mirchi.Sharad Pawar and his nephew Ajit Pawarare struggling with charges filed by the company in a case associated to alleged irregularities at a cooperative bank.
- In 2014, the Sena and the BJP had ended their alliance sooner than the deliver elections, handiest to get reduction collectively after the deliver delivered a destroy up verdict. The BJP had grew to modified into out to be the one finest celebration, however fell far in want of a majority. The Congress and the NCP, which too had destroy up sooner than the elections, discovered their numbers massively depleted.
Apply NDTV for most favoriteelection factsand stay protection ofassembly elections 2019in Maharashtra and Haryana.
Subscribe to ourYouTube channel, care for us onFbor be aware us onTwitterandInstagramformost favorite factsandstay factsupdates.